Daily from 05/05/2019 to 06/16/2019
Location: New Beginnings Christian Fellowship, 19300 108th Ave SE, Kent, WA US 98031
Scholarship Ministry Mission Statement
The New Beginnings Christian Fellowship Scholarship Ministry seeks to provide financial assistance to our active members who are or will be attending an accredited college, university, trade school, vocational school, and technical school.
Contributions throughout the year, aid us in providing financial assistance to members in good standing and selected RiseUp CDC community recipients, seeking to start or continue their efforts in higher education, trade or vocational schooling.
The New Beginnings Christian Fellowship major fundraising event "Future Leaders Scholarship Banquet" is held annually on the first Saturday in November. Our theme remains "Education for a Lifetime of Service". We emphasize that scholarship applicants must have a passion for education and to serving their local church and community. This is the major fundraising event for our Scholarship Ministry.
Qualifications for Eligibility for an NBCF Scholarship (subject to revisions):
- Be a member of NBCF, per NBCF Membership Standards (Article IV, Section 3 of NBCF By-Laws), for at least two years prior to the application deadline.
- Enrollment in an accredited college, university, trade school, vocational school, community college, or technical school.
- A minimum 2.5 GPA
- Regular attendance in worship.
- Participation in the NBCF Youth Ministry (if a youth).
- Regular financial Support of NBCF (if adult).
- Participation in an NBCF Ministry (applicant must present Letter of Reference from at least one NBCF Ministry Head confirming that they have faithfully participated in that ministry for at least one year of uninterrupted service within the past two years).
- Maintain regular attendance while in school, either at NBCF or under Watch Care if attending school out of the local area.
- Scholarship covers ensuing academic year (September to August)
- Maximum number of years to receive NBCF Scholarship is five