Every Sunday, Thursday, Saturday, from 03/09/2019 to 07/17/2019, 7:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Location: New Beginnings Christian Fellowship | Kent, 19300 108th Ave SE, Kent, WA US 98031
Legacy = An amount of money or property left to someone in a will.
The LEGACY SEMINARS are a series of free 90-minute seminars that will be held on six successive Saturdays beginning on March 9th and ending on April 13, 10:00 am – 11:30 am weekly. The Seminars will be taught by a talented team of attorneys led by Raymond Connell, esquire and Rache Boston, esquire. The Legacy Seminars will be held at the New Beginnings Christian Fellowship in Kent. The topics to be covered will include (but shall not be limited to):
|3/9||Wills||Ray Connell, esq.|
|3/16||PROBATE, POWERS OF ATTORNEY, TRUSTS||Ray Connell, esq.||Keith Armstrong, esq.|
|3/23||DISPOSITION OF ESTATE ASSETS||Rache Boston|
|3/30||BURIAL INSURANCE||Debra Bowman|
|4/6||INVESTMENT VEHICLES FOR FINANCIAL LEGACY||Dennis Williams, Jr.|
|4/13||REVIEW AND Q&A||Connell, Boston||Bowman, Williams|
Some Critical Questions that will be covered in the Legacy Seminars include:
- What are the unresolved emotions within the family?
- Should I leave my house to my children, or should I have my house sold and leave the proceeds from the sale of my house to my children?
- How do I leave my money and/or my property for my children?
- Do I have to leave anything for my children?
- Do I have to divide my assets equally among my children?
- Now that my kids are grown and I’m getting older, should I downsize and sell my house, or should I try to stay in it?
- What is a reverse mortgage? What are the pro’s and con’s of having one?
- How much will an attorney charge to help me with these issues?
- How do I make sure that the IRS doesn’t take it all?
- How do I make sure that my family doesn’t waste it all?
Who should attend the Legacy Seminars?
- Parents with underage children and anyone with legal dependents.
- Anyone who does not currently have a will.
- Anyone who does not have a Healthcare Proxy which identifies who will make medical decisions on your behalf if you are unable to do so.
- Seniors with untrustworthy children due to drug and alcohol addiction, gambling, mental instability, criminal activity, or financial recklessness.
- Seniors who are struggling to keep up with their property taxes or who can’t afford the costs of home maintenance.
- If you are in a 2nd marriage and have children from a previous marriage or relationship.
- If you are living with someone while you are receiving GI benefits from your deceased spouse.
- Anyone who’s likely to die one day.
The Legacy Seminars are free and open to all members and friends of New Beginnings Christian Fellowship.